Spring Season Stats & Facts - This is VERSUS!
Just two weeks ago, the first real VERSUS season ended. We take a look back on the last four months to give you some interesting facts and figures about VERSUS' inaugural season.
VERSUS Spring SeasonThe starting signal for the first of three VERSUS Seasons this year (Spring, Summer and Winter) was on the 3rd January 2012, with the season finishing on 2nd May at midnight.
Starting with the most active games at the time, several others joined the season as it went on. Some were temporary, for example for the two VERSUS goes crazy events, while others were added permanently.
We gained some important experiences during the Spring Season, for example, that the matchmaking needed further improvement, which is currently under way. We implemented more features based on your feedback, like party chat and Premium/Trusted restrictions to constantly improve your gaming experience.
We are continuing to improve VERSUS, aiming to create the ultimate matchmaking system and are continue to happily await your feedback, suggestions and criticism in the future.
VERSUS Spring Season
VERSUS Games and GamemodiSince 3rd January 63 Games have been offered to you in VERSUS. On Consoles seventeen games, forty-six on ESL. Twenty-eight of those games were deactivated due to inactivity. The following games were added during Spring Season:
Additionally, we added more game modes to different games. Especially 1on1 was added to many games. In total we had 137 different game modes, an average of 2.2 per game.
Playing UsersPlaying Users is the number of players that finished at least one match in the running season. There were exactly 159,019 different players from 182 countries. Many players played more than one game, but are of course only counted as one in this statistic.
Players that searched for a VERSUS match but did not find one or those who did not have a real finished match are also not counted.
The current number of playing users can also be seen in the VERSUS ranking above and below the table.
Number of matchesAn incredible 818,991 Matches were played since 3rd January. Most of them were finished by the normal entering of results. 31,396 times our VERSUS Admins had to close matches through the Veto system, in which 20,993 Vetos were accepted and 10,403 Vetos were rejected. In total this means that more than 95% of all matches were closed without any major problems.
We want to give a huge thanks to all of our volunteer Admins working every day to make your gaming experience as fun and fair as possible.
Average match durationBesides the number of matches, the duration is also interesting statistic for assessing the activity of VERSUS. In average a VERSUS match lasts around 32 minutes. This number varies from game to game, summarized in the following table.
VERSUS Top Gamers
Players with the most matchesHere are the top 10 players with the most matches over all games since beginning of the spring season.
1. lewy - 5,042 Matches (11 within a Party)
2. o W n E d - 4,187 Matches (32 within a Party)
3. ENZO - 3,094 Matches (1 within a Party)
4. SzpaKowsKi - 2,908 Matches (3 within a Party)
5. T E R M I N A T O R - 2,574 Matches (658 within a Party)
6. MILO - 2,557 Matches (121 within a Party)
7. Escape the Fate - 2,438 Matches (0 within a Party)
8. I am Cheat - 2,320 Matches (774 within a Party)
9. h1xN - 2,217 Matches (8 within a Party)
10. Hulk - 2,091 Matches (2 within a Party)
The Top 10 participated in 29,428 Matches: more than 3.6% of all VERSUS matches.
Players with most VERSUS pointsHere is the top 10 players with most VERSUS points over all games since beginning of the season.
1. lewy - 22,654 VS. Points (2,268 by Premium Bonus)
2. o W n E d - 21,501 VS. Points (3,744 by Premium Bonus)
3. I am Cheat - 15,524 VS. Points (1,437 by Premium Bonus)
4. ENZO - 15,145 VS. Points (2,845 by Premium Bonus)
5. MILO - 14,911 VS. Points (2,758 by Premium Bonus)
6. haxer - 14,186 VS. Points (1,051 by Premium Bonus)
7. MEEX - 13,473 VS. Points (1,570 by Premium Bonus)
8. Bambiii - 13,179 VS. Points (1,716 by Premium Bonus)
9. T E R M I N A T O R - 13,025 VS. Points (2,295 by Premium Bonus)
10. SzpaKowsKi - 12,603 VS. Points (1.026 by Premium Bonus)
Players with most victoriesHere are the top 10 players with the most victories over all games since beginning of the season.
1. lewy - 2,450 Victories (3 within a Party)
2. o W n E d - 1,940 Victories (16 within a Party)
3. ENZO - 1,491 Victories (0 within a Party)
4. T E R M I N A T O R - 1,384 Victories (423 within a Party)
5. Legendary_ns - 1,367 Victories (822 within a Party)
6. SzpaKowsKi - 1,346 Victories (2 within a Party)
7. MILO - 1,297 Victories (95 within a Party)
8. Hulk - 1,281 Victories (1 within a Party)
9. I am Cheat - 1,274 Victories (516 within a Party)
10. MEEX - 1,183 Victories (605 within a Party)
More facts and figures
New players on ESL and ConsolesVERSUS not only attracted players that were already active on the ESL or Consoles since a long time, but many new players came to join us. While we had an increase of 23,495 new registrations during beta, the new registrations during the spring season went up to 47,358 VERSUS players. Not included are players that with deleted accounts, e.g. fakeaccounts of cheaters.
By the way, during our one month Warm-up Season, we had 8,429 new registrations that played at least one VERSUS match.
Fakematches and BansUnfortunately VERSUS is not only drawing attention of honest players, and so we also have some negative numbers to share. Within the four months of Spring Season we had to delete 4,171 matches for faking or other breaches of the rules. We had to give 1,583 players a True Skill Reset and 2,504 players received a Stats Reset. Compared to the total number of matches and players, that's pretty low!
AwardsAs the season ends, we also have some awards. These were already announced here and here.
Who finally gets one of these awards, will be announced in an upcoming news.
In addition to the season awards, we also have the general VERSUS award for playing X number of matches. 69,099 players have received the award so far. Split by milestone, these are the current stats (13.05.2012):
10 played VS. Matches: 52,120 players
100 played VS. Matches: 16,679 players
1000 played VS. Matches: 298 players
5000 played VS. Matches: 2 players
We want to thank you agaub for your participation in the Spring Season and wish you lots of fun in VERSUS in the Summer Season!
Your VERSUS Admin Team
Luke, Sunday, 20/05/12 14:24
No comments yet.
- info write comment not allowed