World of Tanks Go4WoT Cup 65
Last change: 15.10.2014 17:42
These are the rules for the World of Tanks Go4WoT Cup 65. We make every effort to ensure the rules are complete and up to date but this may not always be the case. You should also check the Rules & Information and News for additions, exceptions and modifications that may apply. All players must meet the requirements listed in the Rules & Information at the time the match is scheduled to begin. The rules are a guideline and the decisions by admins may differ from them depending on the circumstances. If you have any questions about the rules, please write a support ticket.
- 1. Rules Index
- 2. General Rules
- 2.1. Rules Summary
- 2.2. Regional Restrictions
- 2.3. Playeraccounts
- 2.3.1. Gameaccount
- 2.4. Teamaccounts
- 2.4.1. Teams
- 2.4.2. Team members
- 2.4.3. Changing team name
- 2.4.4. Merging teams
- 2.4.5. Different compositions (sub) teams in one tournament
- 2.5. Other competitions
- 2.6. Admins and broadcast
- 2.7. Matches and Battles
- 2.8. Participating in Go4WoT
- 3. World of Tanks specific Rules
- 3.1. Tournament system: Go4WoT
- 3.1.1. Go4WoT Cups
- 3.2. Match Result
- 3.2.1. Best of 1 / Victory / Defeat / Draw
- 3.2.2. Best of 3 / Victory / Defeat / Draw
- 3.2.3. Best of 5 / Victory / Defeat / Draw
- 3.3. Match Media
- 3.4. Settings
- 3.5. Match Rules
- 3.5.1. Forbidden Mods, Skins and Consumables
- 3.5.2. Tank regulations
- 3.5.3. Pre-battle
- 3.5.4. Tank and position picking
- 3.5.5. Map Change
- 3.5.6. Restart
- 3.6. Rule modifications
- 4. Penalty points
1. Rules Index
2. General Rules
2.1. Rules Summary
- Battle Settings
- Teamsize: 7 players
- Timelimit: 10 minutes
- Maps: As announced in the Matchsheet
2.2. Regional Restrictions
A team can only play in one Wargaming.net League (WGL) region and corresponding Division, Series, League or other tournament that is a part of the WGL.
- Teams that are found participating in two regions will receive 4 penalty points.
All players must have their own ESL player account to be allowed to play in ESL competitions.
All players have to enter their World of Tanks account (European Server) as a game account on the ESL website. This account has to be used in all ESL competitions.
Every Player must have a Wargaming.net Unified Game Account (Wargaming.net ID). If a Player does not have a Wargaming.net ID, then the player is not allowed to take part in any WGL tournament. The Electronic Sports League (ESL) Game Account has to include your World of Tanks in-game Nickname on the European server.
If a Team uses a player without a properly associated ESL Game Account, the following penalties will be given:
- Team will receive 3 penalty points
- Player will receive 3 penalty points - they can be deleted once the game account is added!
Our Game Integration system requires that every player on your team has a registered and correct gameaccount. In case the Game Integration does not work because of one of your players, the following penalties will be given:
- Team will receive 3 penalty points
- Player will receive 3 penalty points - without the possibility to delete the penalty points!
If you wish to add or change a gameaccount please take a screenshot of your in-game garage for verification.
A Team must have at least 7 members with a valid gameaccount!
Each Team Profile has to have a Player set as Team Captain. A Team may only use Players that are shown in the team profile.
To participate in Go4WoT, each team must provide the following information:
- Team name
- Short name (tag)
- Contact way (IRC/Skype)
- Team logo (180x180 pixels)
The name of the Team does not have to be unique but ESL reserves the right to reject particular Team Names that are similar, or the same, as well-known brands or famous names in general.
Team Names that are prohibited by law will not be accepted and will be removed and punished with 4 Penalty Points.
Team Names that are breaking any rules of etiquette and generally accepted standards are also forbidden and punished with 4 Penalty Points.
If an ESL Team Account is deleted and then recreated, the Penalty Points will be transferred across and the Team will receive additional 4 Penalty Points.
If a Team needs to contact a member of the ESL Administration Staff for any reason, they can do so through the support ticket system and/or by joining the IRC channel #esl.wot.cup.
A Team’s emblem (logo) should be related to its Team Name. Logos protected by copyright or breaking generally accepted standards or etiquette are forbidden and will be removed.
2.4.2. Team members
In a tournament (League, Series, Championship, etc.) a player can only play for one team. A list of examples can be found in the FAQ section of the ESL portal.
The following cannot play in any WGL-related tournaments:
- banned/locked teams
- banned/locked players
- "Inactive" or "Honorary" players
All players who have joined a team before the relevant official match date are allowed to participate in those matches as long as they fulfill the criteria for that tournament (the restrictions).
2.4.3. Changing team name
A Team may change its team name at any time. This also applies if the Team is restructured. The Team’s score will be transferred to the new team.
Using the Team Name Change Feature to deceive other Teams is strictly prohibited.
- Breaking this rule will result in receiving 4 penalty points
The old Team Name must be featured somewhere in the team’s description.
Very long team names or constant change of Team Names is prohibited and will be punished with 2 penalty points per change.
2.4.4. Merging teams
If two Teams merge together then either Team Name can be used.
The Team Account that will not be used should then be deleted once the merge is complete.
Points and information can only be taken into account if only one of the two merging Teams were participating in the WGL.
If both Teams were playing in the WGL, any matches played between those two Teams will be disregarded.
2.4.5. Different compositions (sub) teams in one tournament
Only one Team (or sub-Team) from an Organisation is permitted to participate in the Wargaming.net League at any given time.
- A violation against this rule can result in disqualification of the violating Teams.
2.5. Other competitions
Teams that will delay the cup because they are playing in another ESL competition or any other competitions at the same time when the Go4WoT match is scheduled to start, will be disqualified immediately.
We do not allow the cup matches to be rescheduled. All the cup matches must be played when the ESL system has scheduled them.
2.6. Admins and broadcast
Admins and/or broadcasters are always allowed to join any battle played in ESL competitions to spectate. If an admin or a broadcaster ask you to invite him to a battle played in an ESL competition, you have to invite him.
- If you refuse to invite the admin and/or the broadcaster, you will be disqualified from the cup.
- If the broadcaster is kicked from the match in any way, you will be disqualified from the cup.
If they want to stream your match, the following accounts are permitted. If not you do not invite them your team can be disqualified.
- ESL_CAST1 - ESL CAST 4
You will be invited by ESL_MOREWOT_BACKOFFICE ingame.IMPORTANT! The above are the authorised accounts used by either ESL or authorised broadcasters, any other account should be considered as fraudulent unless they were announced in the matchsheet.
2.7. Matches and Battles
A match is the entire game between two clans/teams and consists of one or more battles, depending on the match mode (BO3, BO5, etc.).
A battle is one single game session that lasts up to 10 minutes or until all enemy tanks are destroyed or the enemy base is captured.
2.8. Participating in Go4WoT
Teams and Players may only participate in one Go4WoT cup per week. This includes the EU and CiS region. A team that is qualified for more than one monthly final can only participate in one. Teams ignoring this rule will be punished with a section ban.
3. World of Tanks specific Rules
3.1. Tournament system: Go4WoT
Matches in Go4WoT Cups are played in Best of One.
The Quarter Finals, Semi finals and the Third Place match are played in Best of Three.
The Final is played in Best of Five mode.
3.1.1. Go4WoT Cups
- Every Sunday
- Quarterfinals: best of 3
- Semifinals: best of 3
- 3rd place match: best of 3
- Final: best of 5
- Remaining Rounds: best of 1
3.2. Match Result
Both teams are responsible that the correct result is entered. If there are any disagreements, the protesting party must open a protest or support ticket. Protests in the match-chat or statement box will not alert the admin team, therefore will not be resolved. The team captain must submit the players of his lineup after each match on the matchsheet. If you do not submit the line-up after each match, you will receive 1 penalty point, but this is not a subject of disqualification!
- Victory = you've won the map if all the enemy tanks are destroyed or if you captured the enemy base in the timelimit.
- Defeat = you've lost the map if all your tanks are destroyed or if your base was captured in the timelimit.
- Draw = it is a draw when both teams still have tanks alive and no base was captured or both bases were captured. In this case, the score for the map is 1:1.
During the monthly finals the results of the maps that cannot be entered directly into the match sheet (as the semi-finals and finals are best-of-five) must be written as a match comment.
3.2.1. Best of 1 / Victory / Defeat / Draw
A match is rated as draw when the result screen at the end of the game shows a draw. This includes the time limit running out or both bases capped at the same time.
For best of 1 matches, at the first draw and second draw you have to:
- The draw must be announced in the match page by one of the team
- Match will be replayed
- There are no pauses between maps
- Starting positions are the same
- The same map will be played
- Same Players must play
- Tanks may be changed - through repick
For best of 1 matches, after two draws you have to play Sand River - Assault.
- Team with better seeding will pick sides and first two tanks
3.2.2. Best of 3 / Victory / Defeat / DrawBest of 3 mode means that you can play a maximum of 3 maps. The maps that will be played are shown in the match sheet.
In the best of 3 mode, you will play till one team reaches 2.
If each team won a map and the score is tied (1:1), you need to play the third map. This means that the match cannot finish without a winner.
In Best of 3 mode, in case of draw, you will move to the next map.
- Note: if the score is 2-1 after one map and a draw, the match is over so you don't need to play the next map.
For best of 3 matches, if the score is tied after 3 maps, you have to play Sand River - Assault.
- Team with better seeding will pick sides and first two tanks
3.2.3. Best of 5 / Victory / Defeat / DrawBest of 5 mode means that you can play a maximum of 5 maps. The maps that will be played are shown in the match sheet.
In the best of 5 mode, you will play till one team reaches 3.
If each team won two maps and the score is tied (2:2), you need to play the fifth map. This means that the match cannot finish without a winner.
In Best of 5 mode, in case of draw, you will move to the next map.
- Note: if the score is 3-1 after two maps and a draw, the match is over so you don't need to play the next map.
For best of 5 matches, if the score is tied after 5 maps, you have to play Sand River - Assault.
- Team with better seeding will pick sides and first two tanks
3.3. Match Media
In order to prove what happened during the games all players should take screenshots and keep them in case of a protest (e.g. a player shows up late).
The screenshots have to be saved for at least 7 days. It is enough if only 1 team adds the requested screenshots.
Both team captains HAVE to take screenshots of the following:
- Personal Score/Result screen - Click
- Team Score/In-game line-ups - Click
- 100% base capture (if needed)
It is enough if only one team captain uploads the screenshots to the matchsheet.
3.3.2. Missing screenshots
Team captains are responsible for uploading all mandatory screenshots to the matchsheet on the ESL website immediately after the match.
Missing Screenshots can result in a disqualification if there is no information about the match and the normal time to play the match is over!
3.3.3. No show
If your opponent does not show after 10 minutes over the match time with not even one player, you must open an protest. An Admin will close your match.IMPORTANT! You cannot request a no-show if you are no longer in the first round of the cup.
However, you can request a no-show in the second round of the cup if one of the teams didn't have an opponent in the first round and they were moved automatically into the second round.
You also have to enter a screenshot to prove that your opponent didn't show up.
The screenshot must be exactly like in the examples shown below.Situation 1 - the opponent is online but doesn't want to play Situation 2 - the opponent is offline
3.4.1. Battle Settings
- Team-size: 7 players
- Time-limit: 10 minutes
- Server: Matches have to be played on the server EU1. If EU1 is not available EU2 may be used.
- Map: to be found in the match details
If the match was set up wrong the team which created the room will receive 1 penalty point. The round will be restarted.
- Note: If the time-limit is more than 10 minutes, the match will be played and only if there's no winner after the 10 minutes time-limit, the round will be lost by the team that created the training room.
The map that has to be played will be forced for each match and can be found in the match details on ESL website.
3.5. Match Rules
3.5.1. Forbidden Mods, Skins and Consumables
All mods forbidden by Wargaming.net, you can find the list here.The Warpack mod is strictly forbidden.
The following penalties will be given to those that are caught using illegal mods:
- 12 penalty points (this equals 2 years ban) for the player
- 6 penalty points to the team
3.5.2. Tank regulations
- Teams may contain tanks of different nations
- Premium vehicles are allowed
- Every kind of skins and mods are allowed, if not forbidden in other parts of the rules
- Vehicle tier limit for all tanks is 8
- Total amount of vehicle tiers in one team must not exceed 42 points (7 players). If a player is missing in a battle, the maximum tier points are reduced by 6 per missing player.
3.5.3. Pre-battleWhat is "Better Seeding"?
Battles should be created by one of the team captains.
If no team captain creat a battle, the captain with the better seeding has to create the battle.
It is allowed, to play the matches before the official match time. If a team want to play the match at the oficial match time, you have to wait. Both teams can use the time to prepare themself.
If a team is not complete 10 minutes after the oficial matchtime, the team will get one ESL penalty point for each missing player. If a team is not complete 20 minutes after official match time, the battle starts without the missing players!
If the battle starts with a delay of more than 10 minutes, then one of the teams should give a notice in the form of a comment on the matchsheet before the match starts.
3.5.4. Tank and position picking
The team with the better (1 is the best) seeding picks the starting position and also picks their first 2 tanks. After that the other team picks their 2 tanks. This will be done until both teams picked their 7 tanks.
- Breaking this rule will be punished with 2 penalty points.
The seeding in the first round is based on the Overall Ranking. Seeding can change as you progress through rounds based on the teams you win against, here is an example:
- 1. You're seeded as 3.
- 2. You win against the team that is seeded as 2.
- 2. You are now seeded as 2.
- 3. You win against the team that is seeded as 1.
- 4. You're now seeded as 1.
In the semifinals and Finals the positions will be picked:
- 1. Map: Team with the better seeding picks starting position and their first 2 tanks
- 2. Map: Team with the lower seeding picks starting position and their first 2 tanks
- 3. Map: Team with the better seeding picks starting position and their first 2 tanks
Each pick can take up to maximum 1 minute.
- Breaking this rule will result in 1 penalty point to the team that delayed the picking.
The tank-picking should only be done in the game chat to avoid any discrepancies. Once a tank is picked it cannot be changed for the map any more.
- If you wrote that you pick a tank and you joined the battle with another tank, the team will receive 2 penalty points.
As soon as the tank-picking is finished, both teams should confirm that they are ready in the game chat.
- If the battle is started without waiting for the other team to say ready, the team that created the training room will be disqualified.
3.5.5. Map Change
Between two maps both teams have 5 minutes time to prepare. The tank picking does not count as preparation time. After the 5 minutes break, you start picking your tanks.
- This break does not apply if the schedule is delayed!
If one team isn't ready for the after 5 minutes the tank-picking starts without the missing player.
The player is not allowed to join the fight anymore and the team will be punished with 1 penalty point for each missing player.
Please take screenshots to prove when the last map was finished and when the 5 minutes passed.
3.5.6. RestartIf no tanks were spotted and a player of a team has any problems and only if the team members announces it in the global chat, the map must be restarted. You cannot ask for a restart if half of the match was already played (5 minutes).
- Teams that refuse to restart the match in the above mentioned conditions, in best of 1, will be disqualified, and in best of 3 or 5, will lose the map!
After the restart, teams will pick the same tank and sides of the map. If the player does not come back in 5 minutes, he must be replaced. If there's no available backup for him, the team will have to play with 6 players.
In case the player drops out at the start of a map that had to repeated (draw):
- the map will be restarted
- the player that dropped out will have 5 minutes to come back
- the player that dropped out is not replaceable
- if the player does not come within 5 minutes, team will have to play with 6 players even if they have a backup for him!
3.6. Rule modifications
The ESL administration reserves the right to change or modify these rules, and in special cases make decisions not covered by these rules to preserve the spirit of fair competition and sportsmanship.
4. Penalty points
In general, a player and the team can receive up to 6 penalty points per match, unless a single violation has a higher punishment. A team is only punished once per violation, regardless of how many players. Where a player or team receives penalty points for multiple violations, the penalty points are added together.
|Rule violation||Number of penalty points|
|No show||Team: 3; Player: 2|
|Reject compulsory challenge||Normal: 1 |
Intense (top 10): 2
|Abort match||Player / Team: 4|
|Use of ineligible player|
|Inactive barrage||Player / Team: 3|
|Barraged||Player / Team: 6|
|Unregistered player||Player / Team: 3|
|Missing Premium (where required)||Player / Team: 3|
|Missing Trusted (where required)||Player / Team: 3|
|Ringer/Faker||Player / Team: 6|
|Playing with wrong gameaccount||Player / Team: 3|
|Playing without a registered gameaccount||Player / Team: 3|
|Multiple/Fake accounts||Warning / 1-3 penalty points|
|Faking country/nationality||Warning / 1 / 2 / 3 penalty points|
|Deception||Player / Team: 1 - 4|
|Fake result||Player / Team: 4|
|Fake match media||Player / Team: 6|
|Fake match||Player / Team: 6|
|Cheating||Player: 12 / Team: 6|
|Usage of forbidden Mods and Skins||1 / 2 / 3 penalty points|
|Missing, incomplete screenshots||Player / Team: 1|
All content appearing in this document is the property of Turtle Entertainment GmbH
or is being used with the owner's permission. Unauthorized distribution, duplication,
alteration or other use of the material contained in this document, including without
limitation any trademark image, drawing, text, likeness or photograph, may constitute a
violation of the laws of copyright and trademark and may be prosecuted under criminal
and/or civil law.
No part of the content of this document may be reproduced in any form or by any means or stored in a database or retrieval system, except for personal use, without the written permissions of Turtle Entertainment GmbH.
All content in this document is accurate to the best of our knowledge. Turtle Entertainment GmbH assumes no liability for any error or omission. We reserve the right to change content and files on our website at any time without prior notice or notification.