|
MW3: 3on3 Summer League
We have decided to go for something other than 5on5 for this season as the activity is noticeably lower - and we want to prevent as much default wins and no-shows as possible.

On top of that, the sun is keeping everybody away from gaming which makes it even harder to put a whole team together to play matches. That being said, we are going to have a small 3on3 summer league this times.
Teams will be divided in four groups of four. Two top teams from each group will proceed on to next stage, which means eight teams will compete in the playoffs.

Summer League 2012 details


MW3 3on3 S&D Summer League
Teamsize 3on3
Cup size 16 teams
Mode Search & Destroy (SD)
Ruleset MR12 - 1 map - first to 13 rounds
Maps Mapelimination
Mappool Arkaden
Bakaara
Lockdown
Resistance
Seatown
Timetable
Groupstage 1st - 15th July
Playoffs 18th - 31st July


MW3 Summer League 2012 Signup!



Prizes


The winning team of the 3on3 Search & Destroy Summer League 2012 will receive the exclusive Summer Season Award!

Certainly in addition, the top three will receive ESL Premium as following:

3x3 months Premium for the winning team
3x2 months Premium for 2nd place
3x1 month Premium for 3rd place




Your admin team!
johNNy, Tuesday, 19/06/12 01:13
  Links
Signup here!
 
comments (21)
 
 
good idea, i think it will bump up the activity. gl all
Where can I see the teams that participate?
Two top teams from each team will proceed on to next stage, ..

I guess u meant group? u might wanna fix that :)

Reasonable idea just like said in the description.

gl hf all.

Edit:

Q: Will the cup slots expand if there is enough interest to fill lets say 24 or 32? w/e ? Considering its a 3v3, u will get more than 16 teams, but its still early to say, by 15th of july activision might release another pc update which will give mw3 another STD.
1 edits
We won't be extending cup size:
original wrote:
That being said, we are going to have a small 3on3 summer league this times.
Joka lol are you even going to participate? Didn't you quit MW3?
Will u answer to my question?
1 edits
HOW CAN I SEE THE PARTICIPANTS OF THE CUP?

KKTHXBAI
nice admins ;)) instead of that you make system with check in to see which teams arent inactive in 2 weeks , you make 24 teams maximum . mw3 is dead and because of this cup some teams would come back but if you are to brainless and make maximum of teams 24 much teams are still inactiv omg.
maybe they just wanted to make it more competitive, because only the active teams will participate as you just said. I dont think that this cup would be a great motivation for "big" team to start again the game, but even if it was, it is going to have only active teams that really care. so..
1 edits
fASHION wrote:
nice admins ;)) instead of that you make system with check in to see which teams arent inactive in 2 weeks , you make 24 teams maximum . mw3 is dead and because of this cup some teams would come back but if you are to brainless and make maximum of teams 24 much teams are still inactiv omg.

It isnt admin's fault.
MW3 is shit since relased out.
And noone will play without promod ( i mean blocked dvars).
Admin made right desicion.I think u cant find 10 teams even for this league.
Cu @ COD4.
fASHION wrote:
nice admins ;)) instead of that you make system with check in to see which teams arent inactive in 2 weeks , you make 24 teams maximum . mw3 is dead and because of this cup some teams would come back but if you are to brainless and make maximum of teams 24 much teams are still inactiv omg.


well, i think he is right...we wanted to sign up as well, as we are one of the more active teams atm...but the admins told us that the cup is already full. so I suppose that there are lots of funteams and mix teams in that either dont want to play and just signed up for fun or they just wont show up....which is pretty bad for teams like ours, who really want to play...
opening cup no check and no limited place
season cups check in and no limited place
normal cups check in and limited place

should be everytime like this
CDR wrote:
opening cup no check and no limited place
season cups check in and no limited place
normal cups check in and limited place

should be everytime like this

We made it pretty clear we want to keep this cup small and for what reasons. We kept a tight schedule at winter cup, we got loads of default wins. We gave teams the option of rescheduling to when they want in spring cup (because we listened to your complaints after the winter), we got loads of teams that refuse to play the matches for 2+ weeks.

Since there is no way this community is satisfied, and believe it or not I wanna have some time of ESL this summer a small season cup is perfect way to do that.

You should really be happy there is a cup, since some sections don't even have it - including one of the 2 biggest sections on the ESL.
Uglyfarmer wrote:
well, i think he is right...we wanted to sign up as well, as we are one of the more active teams atm...but the admins told us that the cup is already full. so I suppose that there are lots of funteams and mix teams in that either dont want to play and just signed up for fun or they just wont show up....which is pretty bad for teams like ours, who really want to play...

Oh, this guy... if one team opens support to be added to the summer 3on3 league and then next day refuse to reschedule 3on3 cup match because half of their team is going on holidays and whatnot but they still decide to blame the admins it's just sad. Kinda pathetic, but mostly sad.

Anyhow, if any teams really desperately want to participate open support ticket - if some team backs out the first week or doesn't show up you can take their place.
What happened to my signup?!? I signed up like 2 weeks ago - It said nothing about a checkin!??!?
johnny wrote:
Oh, this guy... if one team opens support to be added to the summer 3on3 league and then next day refuse to reschedule 3on3 cup match because half of their team is going on holidays and whatnot but they still decide to blame the admins it's just sad. Kinda pathetic, but mostly sad.


the only sad thing is, that you were appointed MLA...do you even own MW3 yourself?? never saw you checking demos or something. you are not interested in this section, i suppose you never really were. but its too late now as we have 24slot 3n3 summer cups and fail groupstages. but np....lets just post some ticket content of user and insult them as retards, thats how its done
Uglyfarmer wrote:
the only sad thing is, that you were appointed MLA...do you even own MW3 yourself?? never saw you checking demos or something. you are not interested in this section, i suppose you never really were. but its too late now as we have 24slot 3n3 summer cups and fail groupstages. but np....lets just post some ticket content of user and insult them as retards, thats how its done


Bulls***... EVRYTHING, every single cup (and there were a lot compared to any other ESL section other than some publisher projects) were done by me and face. I have no idea why you think I don't check demos, when I have voted on every single of them before they got closed ;)

And again, another shitty attempt to crap on admins for creating yet another cup that you, as a community, didn't deserve one bit.

Can you again read my previous reply and tell me, where did I call anyone a retard?
1 edits
@Johnny: well i guess the problem was in the spring cup, that in the mid of this cup the promod 1.12 stopped working. Without the filmtweaks many teams left the game. -> defwins and many matches had to be move

But now at the beginn of the summer cup everyone knows there will be no filmtweaks, so I think only the teams will participate, who are really interested to play the game even without filmtweaks.

I think the course of the spring cup was just unlucky (cuz of the update, that blocked the dvars) and you should organize the summer cup the same way like the spring cup. Just keep in mind it is not 5on5 and it is easier to manage to be 3 players at a matchdate.

well just my opinion.
Uglyfarmer wrote:
johnny wrote:
Oh, this guy... if one team opens support to be added to the summer 3on3 league and then next day refuse to reschedule 3on3 cup match because half of their team is going on holidays and whatnot but they still decide to blame the admins it's just sad. Kinda pathetic, but mostly sad.


the only sad thing is, that you were appointed MLA...do you even own MW3 yourself?? never saw you checking demos or something. you are not interested in this section, i suppose you never really were. but its too late now as we have 24slot 3n3 summer cups and fail groupstages. but np....lets just post some ticket content of user and insult them as retards, thats how its done


+1

CDR wrote:
@Johnny: well i guess the problem was in the spring cup, that in the mid of this cup the promod 1.12 stopped working. Without the filmtweaks many teams left the game. -> defwins and many matches had to be move

But now at the beginn of the summer cup everyone knows there will be no filmtweaks, so I think only the teams will participate, who are really interested to play the game even without filmtweaks.

I think the course of the spring cup was just unlucky (cuz of the update, that blocked the dvars) and you should organize the summer cup the same way like the spring cup. Just keep in mind it is not 5on5 and it is easier to manage to be 3 players at a matchdate.

well just my opinion.


+1
fASHION wrote:
Uglyfarmer wrote:
johnny wrote:
Oh, this guy... if one team opens support to be added to the summer 3on3 league and then next day refuse to reschedule 3on3 cup match because half of their team is going on holidays and whatnot but they still decide to blame the admins it's just sad. Kinda pathetic, but mostly sad.


the only sad thing is, that you were appointed MLA...do you even own MW3 yourself?? never saw you checking demos or something. you are not interested in this section, i suppose you never really were. but its too late now as we have 24slot 3n3 summer cups and fail groupstages. but np....lets just post some ticket content of user and insult them as retards, thats how its done


+1

CDR wrote:
@Johnny: well i guess the problem was in the spring cup, that in the mid of this cup the promod 1.12 stopped working. Without the filmtweaks many teams left the game. -> defwins and many matches had to be move

But now at the beginn of the summer cup everyone knows there will be no filmtweaks, so I think only the teams will participate, who are really interested to play the game even without filmtweaks.

I think the course of the spring cup was just unlucky (cuz of the update, that blocked the dvars) and you should organize the summer cup the same way like the spring cup. Just keep in mind it is not 5on5 and it is easier to manage to be 3 players at a matchdate.

well just my opinion.


+1


fashion -1 :D
Nice cup.
Thx Adminteam!
how many team pass for group?
 
 
 
Information:
  • info write comment not allowed
 
  • 4.889 Users Online
  • 4.937.060 Registered Users
  • 2.152.290 Active Users
  • 1.040.350 Teams Total
  • 1.408 Matches Yesterday
  • 22.327.900 Matches Total
  • More stats
Searchtags

Electronic Sports League rendertime: 1.32s (not_cached) host: eslphp20