After long discussions and modifications, we decided to give you something much better, more competitive and therefore we have made a decision.
Find out what we decided and how will all this affect you!
All you need to do is to continue reading! Have fun and we hope you enjoy reading this as much as we enjoy announcing it! Today, we present to you new addition to our rules.
Starting Saturday, 31/03/2012, 00:01 CET, the ProMod server plugin by zxz0O0 will be mandatory in all ladders and cups.
What is this Plugin and what advantage does it have?
You can do many things with this Plugin including following things:
- Clients can set clientdvars
- Save and autoload the dvars when joining the server again
- No ammo warning
- No red crosshair
- FilmTweak Presets
- No ViewBob
- Teamnames changed
- Bullet penetration increased
- Sprint time increased
- Falldamage decreased
- JumpHeight increased
- Strat time increased (10s)
- Spectator fixed (can now spectate all teams + freelook)
- 1 Flash instead of 2
- Ammo clips increased (1 ammo clip more)
- Final killcam disabled
Ok, that's great, but how do I make it work on my server?
Easy. For this purpose, we have created short and simple tutorial on step by step basis.
Here we will explain how to setup the server to use with ProMod Plugin on Windows. If you use Linux you must have installed Wine, dotnet30, vcredist2008, vcredist2010 and must use the Linux Fix files from Server Addon.
Step 1 - What you need
- MW3 Dedicated Server (with file access)
- Nukem's Server Addon
- ProMod Plugin
Step 2 - Configure sv_config.ini
After you unzipped the Server Addon
, you will find a file called sv_config.ini in the folder addon. This is the config file of the Server Addon. We recommend that you replace this file with the sv_config.ini that comes provided with the ProMod Plugin.
Step 3 - Install Server Addon
1. Stop the server.
2. Upload all files and directories from the Server Addon to the MW3 root folder of your server (where iw5mp_server.exe is).
3. It will look like this
4. You can now start the server and it should work.
Step 4 - Install ProMod Plugin
1. Stop server.
2. Upload MW3_ProMod.dll into the folder plugins on your server.
3. You can now start the server again.
Step 5 - Fix crashing on map change
Be sure to not have (*) in your default.dspl file in the folder admin. This can cause the server to stop on map change. Why? Well (*) means it should use all maps and since the last update, IW also included DLC maps. When the server tries to load these DLC maps, it won't find them and will stop.