|
previous  1-25 ]26-50 ]51-75 ]76-100 ]101-125 ]126-150 ]151-175 ]176-200 ]
201-225 ]226-250 ]251-275 ]276-300 ]301-325 ]326-350 ]351-375 ]376-400 ]
401-425 ]426-450 ]451-475 ]476-500 ]501-525 ]526-550 ]551-575 ]576-600 ]
601-625 ]626-650 ]651-675 ]  next
Ideas for new cups?

Author Posting
We have a completely new year ahead of us with completely different cups. We are thinking of hosting a series of one evening cups for different gametypes.

Now we want YOUR help with coming up with ideas. What cups would you like to see in the ESL? Siege, Power Duel, anything is do-able!

-- 
pingOid wins.
quote ] 
and try to keep it serious.

-- 
Death from above! Virtual Doll House pwner!!
quote ] 
An Singel only cup should be nice. Gametype maybe 1on1 or 2on2.

I say singel only cuz most matches that are played now are rubbish cuz of the staff spam and dual spam. Haven't seen an decent match in a long time where the most "skilled" player actualy won. No offence to the decent staff/dual players, but most of them are a joke.

Euro only cups. Borders are closed for '08 tho. Give the yanks there own ladder.. Cuz the result will be a flame war anyway =). No offence again, most us people are more friendly than euro's. But m sick of the ages during convo about ping ect.
quote ] 
Bryar 2on2/1on1 NF
quote ] 
Another suggestion would be randomly drawing what kind of saber people got to use in a cup? We'd have to make most either staff or dual but also throw in a few singel sabers emoticon-grin

-- 
pingOid wins.
quote ] 
lol that would be fun imo ;O!

Also it occurred to my mind a tourney, in wich I took part, that happened when I played 1.0
It was some sort of 2on2 cup, but was played like this: Instead of a normal tffa game, the match would be played in duels, wich means:
1.The teams choose their first duelist, they both start to fight. Whenever one dies, the partner takes his place, but the duelist that won keeps in game untill he dies. And it goes like that untill the timelimit or the fraglimit set has been reached. (I don\'t know if you guys got the idea but its just like i said: the players fight for turns, and the one who wins, keeps fighting untill he dies, and when he does, his partner gets in).
2.This match/game is played on tffa mode, to allow the switch (when someone dies) between the partners.
3. It is not allowed to switch between the fights, the duelists will fight untill death.

Timelimit: 10 (?)
Fraglimit: 10 (?)

Note: This rules I have apointed are the bases for this game. However, they may be changed and/or modified and optimized.

PS: Was just an idea!!! emoticon-sad
-----

Other idea that I had in mind (and it 2 happened in 1.0 rofl) was a cup, probably 2on2, in wich the rounds were meant to be totally different from the other ones.
For example: 1st round- Normal tffa
2nd round- Powerduel
3rd round- Single only
4th round- Normal tffa, but with maps chosen by the admins

Etc.
Idea: The content of the rounds should be hidden until the other one is finished, so the players can not be prepared to it (surprise factor emoticon-supriseO)

Fuck i never wrote so much shit in my life
quote ] 
Yeah that's pretty interesting.

To your first idea I can add another idea from JK2 called 2on2 Team Tag. This is usually played on a jk2 map called TMBJ in a room with a boxing ring. In this gametype, which is in TFFA mode, one player from each team starts to duel eachother in the ring with the other 2 standing just outside the ring. Whenever one of those playing wants to he can hit this ring pole with his saber and "tag" his team mate and he can enter. The last man to stand wins the game for his team. This could be best of 5 or something.

Again, just brainstorming!

-- 
pingOid wins.
quote ] 
first idea is rubbish cause ppl would just play PASIVE and 1 frag would take like 5 minutes...lame
quote ] 
force jump 0
would prevent boring highjump spaming, but mainly allow fancy things like formations (got turtle?) and give the environment a new importance (evelator anyone?).
as many players as possible because 1on1 is already played with force jump 0 (/scripts).
quote ] 
Mad wrote:
first idea is rubbish cause ppl would just play PASIVE and 1 frag would take like 5 minutes...lame

well, what could we do about it? x_X
its ppls choice to make tourneys funny or lame, or boring, I personally, since i dont compete in 1on1, enter this tourneys cus its fun and ofc I'm not gonna play passive, but the other ones... :S

and Pingu ye thats a good 1 ^^
quote ] 
dev wrote:
force jump 0
would prevent boring highjump spaming, but mainly allow fancy things like formations (got turtle?) and give the environment a new importance (evelator anyone?).
as many players as possible because 1on1 is already played with force jump 0 (/scripts).

This is an awsome idea!
/bump

-- 
quote ] 
~in Poland was ladder "ClanWar Ladder". I think that it had pretty good rules.

There was
1on1
1on1
2on2
TDM
TDM

it means, that firstly is playing 2on2 and two 1on1s in the same time, and then two round of TDM. For every round you can "catch" 1 point, and if it will be draw in one round both teams will have 1 point.

As far as i'm concerned it was pretty good ladder.
quote ] 
That's a bigger project though, what we are looking for are one evening events to be played in 1 day. That sounds fun though, and we might look into it.

-- 
pingOid wins.
quote ] 
I am looking forward for more mixcups, but we can make 3o3 mixs aswell.
quote ] 
We can do anything, all we need is ideas!

-- 
pingOid wins.
quote ] 
A mixed 2on2 cup would be cool. You get to know who you are playing with like 1 hour before the cup starts. Would be really funny to see some people playing together who absolutely can't stand the other person (ofc there has to be a hard punishment if the people just don't participate after they got to know who they're playing with). That would make it also a bit more equal if good players come together with less good players ;). Of course you can add some other rules like they were mentioned before. *Just an Idea*
quote ] 
This might be a stupid idea, but I wonder what a tournament restricted to players registered since a certain time would be like. You know, restricted to players registered between the past 3-6 months, 6-9 months and so on up to the oldest players who registered like, 3 years ago or possibly more if they've played other games before jka.
Sort of like on online poker sites they offer these new player tournaments so no seasoned pro can go steal all the chips from the fishes. Unless it's a pro that's registered on the site recently... but in esl jka I think anyone who's pro has already been registered for years. emoticon-grin
quote ] 
godlike emoticon-smile wrote:
A mixed 2on2 cup would be cool. You get to know who you are playing with like 1 hour before the cup starts. Would be really funny to see some people playing together who absolutely can't stand the other person (ofc there has to be a hard punishment if the people just don't participate after they got to know who they're playing with). That would make it also a bit more equal if good players come together with less good players ;). Of course you can add some other rules like they were mentioned before. *Just an Idea*

you should check news more often
http://www.esl.eu/eu/jkja/news/48847/

-- 
quote ] 
Aye we did that already godlike emoticon-grin

-- 
pingOid wins.
quote ] 
forcejump 0 saberattack 1 saberdefense 1/0 (don't know if its allowed at 0)

single only spam 2 win ?
quote ] 
Shar wrote:
forcejump 0 saberattack 1 saberdefense 1/0 (don't know if its allowed at 0)

single only spam 2 win ?

best cfg wins!
quote ] 
3on3 hydroball cup

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Hydroball_II;24105
quote ] 
I really like the random saber cup idea is there anybody who would be able to make a mod for this?

or a r_dynamicglow 2 cup. Again we would need a mod...
quote ] 
I want to participate emoticon-sad
quote ] 
1.A top 16 / 32 1o1 cup like that one some time ago would be cool imo

2.Mixcups!

3.The random saber cup sounds rly cool too altho staffers will dominate since usually they are pretty decent singlers and dualers as well but still thats a very nice idea emoticon-grin
quote ] 
previous   1  -  25   next

• 1.727 Users Online
  • 4.804.020 Registered Users
  • 2.098.290 Active Users
  • 1.021.930 Teams Total
  • 2.136 Matches Yesterday
  • 22.124.400 Matches Total
  • More stats
Searchtags

Electronic Sports League rendertime: 5.6s (not_cached) host: eslphp6