|
Winter League 2014 *PRIZES UPDATE*
A great year full of e-sports here at the ESL GRO section has come to an end. However, this won't stop us from going all out on the first cup series of the new year. So after the end of the Autumn League another seasonal league is going to start soon:
The Winter League 2014.

Winter League 2014 - Info and schedule

This time there won't be a groupstage but 8 seperate cups in which you will be able to earn a slot for the Winter Finals. In each cup the 2 best teams will qualify for 2 of the 16 available slots for the finals. This means that these teams won't need to participate in the remaining cups.

The Cup will be played as Best Of Three in single elimination mode. The conquest map will be set by veto like in the Autumn League. The loser of the match will choose the onslaught map. In case of a draw on the conquest/onslaught map you will have to play a preset map which you can see below.

The Winter League 2014 comes with a little premiere:
After a successful testing phase all teams will be required to play all their matches via ESL Wire. See our ESL Wire & MOSS guide for instructions on how to install and setup Wire. If you have any questions or need help just stop by the ESL forum or send us a support ticket. (note: MOSS is not required! You won't need to install it.)

Another prerequisite that has changed is the country of origin. As we had lots of complaints about red pings and lags and a few problems with different timezones we decided that all players need to have a residency in Europe again.

Please keep in mind that the rules/restrictions might change. So please check the news section for any kind of new information before you play your matches!

Here is the full list of all upcoming Winter Cups where you'll be able to qualify your team for the Winter Finals:

Winter Cup #1: Sunday, 19.01.2014 - 15:00 CET
Winter Cup #2: Sunday, 26.01.2014 - 15:00 CET
Winter Cup #3: Sunday, 02.02.2014 - 15:00 CET
Winter Cup #4: Sunday, 09.02.2014 - 15:00 CET
Winter Cup #5: Sunday, 16.02.2014 - 15:00 CET
Winter Cup #6: Sunday, 23.02.2014 - 15:00 CET
Winter Cup #7: Sunday, 02.03.2014 - 15:00 CET
Winter Cup #8: Sunday, 09.03.2014 - 15:00 CET

Winter Cup #1

Sign up now!
Sunday, 19th January 15:00 CET

Check-in from 14:30 to 14:50
Sign up START: 13.01.2014 13:00 CET
Signup END: 19.01.2014 14:30 CET
Size: 32 Slots
Structure: Single Elimination
Coverage: Brackets & Contestants

Basic rules:

Maps: Chertanovo LZ, Markov Station, Xinyi District, Tomsk-9
Khyber Stronghold, Korolyov Towers, Shearwater 51, Attica Heights, Balaklava Sub-Pen
Mode: 6on6 BO3
Restrictions: Arctic Pack '13****

More informations:

Gameaccount: GRO Nickname
Min. team members: 6
Max. team members: 20
Restriction: Residence in Europe
No-Show: 15 minutes
Check-in: active

Match rules
Best of Three (Conquest - Onslaught - Holdout)*
Map determined by VETO**
The losing team will pick the next map
In case of a draw you will have to play a preset for this round***

* Best Of
All rounds will be played as Best Of 3: A conquest map, an onslaught map and a holdout map. The losing team will choose which map will be played next. In case of a draw you will have to play the map that has been set for this round by the admin team.

** Veto
The conquest map will be determined be veto (ABBA). Every team has 2 vetos which they have to use to discard 2 maps. The remaining map will be played.

*** Map rotation (in case of draw)
RO32: Shearwater 51 / Balaklava Sub-Pen
RO16: Korolyov Towers / Balaklava Sub-Pen
Quarterfinals: Shearwater 51 / Attica Heights
Semifinals: Korolyov Towers / Balaklava Sub-Pen
Finals: Shearwater 51 / Attica Heights
3rd place Final: Korolyov Towers / Attica Heights

**** Items
Before the match start both team captains have to leave a report or a match comment in the ESL match page and declare any changes of allowed items, skills and customs. Restricted items: Arctic Pack '13

Prizes and Award

1st Place
6x 3 Months ESL Premium Accounts
Winter Award
6x 2,085 GC

2nd Place 6x 2 Months ESL Premium Accounts
6x 1,000 GC

3rd Place 6x 1 Month ESL Premium Accounts
6x 500 GC


Support and questions

Don't hesitate and feel free to leave your feedback and questions in the Public ESL Forum or write a support ticket and please use the Cup Support Chat during the cup to get your questions answered immediately.

Become a fan of ESL GRO on socials!

Don't miss any news or Tournament of the European Ghost Recon Online ESL section. Become a fan of our Official Facebook page and follow us on Twitter and stay connected with your favorite game section!




Good luck and have fun everyone!


// Your Admin Team

T e M P e, Sunday, 12/01/14 17:55
  Links
ESL Wire & MOSS guide
Join the Winter Cup #1
 
comments (41)
 
 
love the spas restriction! still no info about any GC prices?
Why only the GRFS? why aren't all the SPAS 12 restricted?
"won't need to participate" means?

"determinated by veto (ABBA)" which team is the Team A? The team which veto faster as the other does or what?

Thx
badoomboom wrote:
love the spas restriction! still no info about any GC prices?

We're still waiting for an answer from Ubisoft.

Baptos wrote:
Why only the GRFS? why aren't all the SPAS 12 restricted?

The SPAS 12 family is pretty strong overall, that's correct. But we feel that only the GRFS variant is a bit imbalanced.

HarryKILL wrote:
"won't need to participate" means?

"determinated by veto (ABBA)" which team is the Team A? The team which veto faster as the other does or what?

When your team reaches 1st or 2nd place in any of the cups you're qualified for the Winter Finals so you don't need to play another qualifier :)

Team A is the team which is displayed/named first. It's always Team A vs. Team B.
1 edits
why arctic pack is a restricted iteams ? i dont have on my assult any other arrmor i cant play with other weapon than ak but i dont have other armor cuz i sold it so how i should play??? Can we change that for arctic weapons ?
2 edits
Ok smth its not ok here ... if u block GFRS then block all SPAS or dont block at all. WHat with ARK mkV ? its forbiden to ?

What is the point of playing Cup if u cant use ur gear ...

ohhh and for haters... Im playing with recon so dont even start flame on me ...
1 edits
Sz3wa wrote:
Ok smth its not ok here ... if u block GFRS then block all SPAS or dont block at all. WHat with ARK mkV ? its forbiden to ?

What is the point of playing Cup if u cant use ur gear ...

ohhh and for haters... Im playing with recon so dont even start flame on me ...



Yes all ARCTIC Stuff is forbidden so : Armor and Guns .
2 edits
Thunder wrote:
why arctic pack is a restricted iteams ? i dont have on my assult any other arrmor i cant play with other weapon than ak but i dont have other armor cuz i sold it so how i should play??? Can we change that for arctic weapons ?

ARC pack is restricted because the regular T9 weapons & T5 armours are not in store yet. So people who paid would have an advantage over free players.

Sz3wa wrote:
Ok smth its not ok here ... if u block GFRS then block all SPAS or dont block at all. WHat with ARK mkV ? its forbiden to ?

What is the point of playing Cup if u cant use ur gear ...

The SPAS weapon family is strong but only the GRFS variant is imbalanced. But Ubisoft is working on weapon balancing so it might well be fixed until Steam launch.
All ARC items will be restricted until the regular versions are in the store.
1 edits
its fcking unfair some spas is avalible and another not u lissen yourself ? restricted all or nothing now someone dont have normal spas but have gfrs and he cant use this on cup this is sick
Can someone answer me which programs should i instal ? ESL wire and ? and how to set it to play proper
I think we should lock F2000 SC, because it has 40 bullets and is good for close and long range .......... so it will be fairly
its fcking unfair some spas is avalible and another not u lissen yourself ? restricted all or nothing now someone dont have normal spas but have gfrs and he cant use this on cup this is sick. If u block only GRFS it's Stupid.. If u block Grfs block than F2000 SP. SC evey special versions have to be block if the GRFS to.. ;)
I have instaled ESL wire tried to work but i cant check the anti-cheat option dont know it is normal or some issue
Thunder wrote:
Can someone answer me which programs should i instal ? ESL wire and ?

You only need to install ESL Wire. You DO NOT need to install MOSS and Core Temp!

Thunder wrote:
I have instaled ESL wire tried to work but i cant check the anti-cheat option dont know it is normal or some issue

When there's an active match for your team and you click on Match / Gather / PCW the Anti-Cheat option will be selected automatically.
2 edits
I have better idea lets all play Tier1 and thats it ... GRO is unbalanced game and non of restrictions will change that.

PS. If you are blocking players gear because some1 dont have gfrs or other special weapon then is no point of making Cup ... All weapons are part of the game. so i rly dont see any good reason for blocking anything.

Btw. all ARK weapons and armors are available in shop so every1 can buy it for RP or GC
2 edits
Sz3wa wrote:
PS. If you are blocking players gear because some1 dont have gfrs or other special weapon then is no point of making Cup ... All weapons are part of the game. so i rly dont see any good reason for blocking anything.

Btw. all ARK weapons and armors are available in shop so every1 can buy it for RP or GC

If enough players want the SPAS 12 SV GRFS back we can lift the restriction.

But we definitely won't allow the ARC pack until the regular variants of T5/T9 are in the shop.
It will be very goog.
Cause too many people dont have original spases.
They have bought gfrs spas and thats all, and cause they dont want to buy 1 more spas only for cup))
And i Agree about T9 arctik and T5 armor.
Ubi need to add them in store.( not arctik)
oh cmon... its like the best rule of this tournament... learn to play without OP noskill shotguns...
If u block GRFS Edition block than every special edition.. ;)
i miss the prices......
MrUdefent wrote:
i miss the prices......

We're still waiting for a response from Ubisoft... If you think we need more prizes (which we do!) please let Ubisoft know and open a thread in the official GRO forums or write them a support ticket.

Maybe that will speed things up.
Restricting the Weapons I understand since the t9 variants aren't released. But restricting T5 Arc Armor? Where is the sense in that? On the old system, the way armor worked was ALWAYS through LEs. The prices weren't different and they were an equal power. Mk4 used to only be available in ACU and TRT.

I understand the argument for restricting weapons. Restricting armors seems inconsistent and a weird double standard. Especially when T5 armor have been in the non-AAA store for almost a month! How is that paying to play or unfair?
1 edits
Hahah that's nice merci.. u answer the ask from MrUdefent but not from me... Why do u block the Spas do u are scary?
Upon popular demand the restriction of the SPAS 12 SV GRFS is lifted. If you NEED this weapon so urgently to kill your opponents so be it :)

xghost wrote:
Restricting the Weapons I understand since the t9 variants aren't released. But restricting T5 Arc Armor? Where is the sense in that? On the old system, the way armor worked was ALWAYS through LEs. The prices weren't different and they were an equal power. Mk4 used to only be available in ACU and TRT.

I understand the argument for restricting weapons. Restricting armors seems inconsistent and a weird double standard. Especially when T5 armor have been in the non-AAA store for almost a month! How is that paying to play or unfair?


The old ACU/TRT/JGL armours were in the store for everyone from the beginning. You couldn't even buy a regular version because ACU/JGL were the only available T4 armours!

Ubisoft changed this, removed the ACU/JGL versions, replaced them by regular armours and made the special version crazy expensive.

ESL is about fair play and allowing items that can't be bought by everyone (either if it's GC only or just an unreal huge amount of RP) isn't fair. So until the regular versions of the T5 armour/T9 weapons are in the store we will restrict these items.

It might be even possible that we will only allow these items until they're in store for some weeks so that everyone has the chance to gather enough RP to buy them.

Why are you so eager to use this armour if it doesn't give you an unfair advantage?!
meric wrote:
Upon popular demand the restriction of the SPAS 12 SV GRFS is lifted. If you NEED this weapon so urgently to kill your opponents so be it :)

Why are you so eager to use this armour if it doesn't give you an unfair advantage?!


It is not about 'eager' it is about unfair financial burden. 1) I have teammates that have invested in inserts in T5. And only had Mk3 with no inserts. You yourself meric, point out on forums that inserts cannot be swapped between armors. This create unfair burden on my teammate(s). T5 armour has been available for maybe 6weeks on normal store.

However, I will concede that its RP price is insane. Maybe you have a point.

Yet your logic of 'eager', then GRFS 'popular demand' is just another way of saying this. Yet in that case, a CLEAR difference can be observed between normal GRFS and any other spas. Or any other shotgun for that matter. Strange double standard. You permit OP weapons... if they are affordable to normal players :s
MAke the Winter Cup Tier1 only it will be fair for everyone and it will show true skill of players :)
hahahahhahaha who is noob thet banned GRFS soo funy.... Rules ar soo stupind !!! Soo admins dont like to use or to be killd with some weapon and they banned thet weapon lol... IF YOU RESTRICTED ONE EDITION THEN RESTRICTED ALL !!! And GRFS spas is restricted does all GRFS weapons is restricted or just spas ? and ofc. only GRFS spas is good rest are shiti :D
SLAYEROFDEATH wrote:
hahahahhahaha who is noob thet banned GRFS soo funy.... Rules ar soo stupind !!! Soo admins dont like to use or to be killd with some weapon and they banned thet weapon lol... IF YOU RESTRICTED ONE EDITION THEN RESTRICTED ALL !!! And GRFS spas is restricted does all GRFS weapons is restricted or just spas ? and ofc. only GRFS spas is good rest are shiti :D

You need to pay better attention. SPAS 12 SV GRFS is allowed.
So ok now we have SPAS vs Mk4 armors GL&HV. Just want to remaind u that assault have recon(in mk5) on 1 shot from spas. Where is that fair play ? U will have assault turtament... Good Job ...
First of all, watch the language!

Secondly, there is NO perfect solution to balance the game since it's become P2W. You have to accept that at it's current state GRO is UNFIT to be an e-sport title. Spectator mode / active anti-cheat and other features are still missing.

We are organizing tournaments only because we want the teams to be warmed-up in case Ubisoft finally brings in the clan/competition updates. ESL is currently the only platform that offers competitions for the few people who still plays GRO. We want to give an alternative beside the public matches to people who still hope that those updates are coming.

If you do not like the prizes, you don't have to play. When we say we tried to get better/more prizes it's the truth.

So instead of talking to the admins like we are some muddy whores, please show some respect because we are still doing this for free in our freetime!
j'ai un problem d'inscription (Compte de jeu requis :Type: Ghost Recon Online Nickname)
comment je fais ?? aider moi s.v.p
f4c3m4n wrote:
We are organizing tournaments only because we want the teams to be warmed-up in case Ubisoft finally brings in the clan/competition updates. ESL is currently the only platform that offers competitions for the few people who still plays GRO.

So instead of talking to the admins like we are some muddy whores, please show some respect because we are still doing this for free in our freetime!


The EuL just started the GI tournament. But yes, its nice that you all are doing this.

About lag/geography restriction:

May I ask why the residency in Europe thing is in force? Why make it geography and not related to ping?

The whole point of /Telemetry was providing an objective assessment for ping. Why not, say, if someone is red consistently you have that player provide a screenshot of /tm. GRO saves screenshots automatically to a folder in its directory. Hulkster in ruN was in Germany but had red ping for about 5 months. Why is that he is permitted but someone in Turkey with green-yellow not be?

If you changed it to be a more objective measurement, you don't limit the pool of teams that can sign up. For those teams which are determined to moan and complain, you say to them they have to put in the extra effort of documenting the consistent red ping with multiple screenshots on their part. Or no penalty will be levied. I understand obtaining screenshots for scores was not always done in the past for ESL. But I think motivation is higher for an individual player, especially if he/she faces a ban from competition.

After all, 21 teams are signed up. I don't think you guys ever ran a cup that small. A few less and it would be like we were on NA. It's practically Tacticups tiny!
Thanks for the prizes guys :D
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi.
I thing i have gr8 idea for all conclusions.....
Yes we can restrict some weapon but... yeaaa always but we can do this not for all but for a team example.

6vs6 just max 2 spas for a team what u thing about this ?

btw. sorry 4 me but i so fcking drunk :D y0 peacceeee
Goodlike wrote:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi.
I thing i have gr8 idea for all conclusions.....
Yes we can restrict some weapon but... yeaaa always but we can do this not for all but for a team example.

6vs6 just max 2 spas for a team what u thing about this ?

btw. sorry 4 me but i so fcking drunk :D y0 peacceeee

Yea! Great idea! I agree with him
I have signed up before and it was saying in the message that I have to check in after the chek in time came it won't let me check in it is saying we did not register team in the registration period. Help please
Why we still don't have no information about playing? Matches use to start at 3PM, now its 3:50 and still no info.
I have no contact with the Head Admin at the moment, and only he can do the bracket. Please stand by for more information.
I have signed up before and it was saying in the message that I have to check in after the chek in time came it won't let me check in it is saying we did not register team in the registration period. Help please J0B clan help me
1 edits
asamking wrote:
I have signed up before and it was saying in the message that I have to check in after the chek in time came it won't let me check in it is saying we did not register team in the registration period. Help please J0B clan help me

Don't worry, we're fixing this issue until the next cup starts.
 
 
 
Information:
  • info write comment not allowed
 
  • 5.166 Users Online
  • 4.749.090 Registered Users
  • 2.075.020 Active Users
  • 1.014.250 Teams Total
  • 2.428 Matches Yesterday
  • 22.015.400 Matches Total
  • More stats
Searchtags

Electronic Sports League rendertime: 0.95s (not_cached) host: eslphp4