|
Poorly Run CoD4 Spring Cup

Author Posting
This years Spring Cup for CoD4 has been very very poorly run. To the point that there has been no support what so ever by the admin.

1. Half the teams in the cup didnt even read or know the rules, as about half or more teams in the first round only played 1 map rather than BO3, and thus entering scores of example 1-0 win, or 13-7 win.

2. I spent 2 days on ESL IRC trying to get hold of an admin to ask what was gonna happen about this and i could NOT get hold of 1 admin to answer my questions.

SO much for support, pathetic.

ESL is suppose to be a large eSports organization and yet this is how they run cups??? And even the technical support has disappeared. I have a ticket open with regards to Wire and the last time any ESL Support answered it was over a month ago and yet i have repleid to that ticket at least 2 times since there last reply and still no reply from the support emoticon-sad

SO what is happening, are ESL going to arrange these cups and NOT support them or have them run properly? Is it the same for other cups or is it just CoD4??

And what about Technical support? Whats going on there.

Would be nice if someone at ESL could tell us whats going on? And what is going to happen in the future. Because atm im surpsrised that theres any teams wanting to play in the ladders or cups if there going to be run this poorly.

If there is anews post or a forum post about aby of the above then please post the link, because i cant find anything.

Razor
quote ] 
Hello,

I'm going to be extremely honest with you here. If you were trying to make a point how bad job admins are doing, you have completely failed. Let me clarify that:

" wrote:
1. Half the teams in the cup didnt even read or know the rules, as about half or more teams in the first round only played 1 map rather than BO3, and thus entering scores of example 1-0 win, or 13-7 win.

How is it admins' fault that teams/players cannot or just simply don't read the news we wrote before they sign up to our cups? The Spring Cup news clearly say how you should play the matches - and every single team that signed up did it through that news.

If none of the teams know the rules and they play only one map, we are obviously not going to punish them for it and make them replay the match, as it wouldn't make no sense at all and it would massively delay the cup.

2. I spent 2 days on ESL IRC trying to get hold of an admin to ask what was gonna happen about this and i could NOT get hold of 1 admin to answer my questions.

Has it once in those two days occured to you to open a support ticket or as you did now create a forum thread where you would get a reply in ~24 hours? Again, your fault, not admins'. We are not robots and do not provide 24 hours live support.

There is absoutely 110% no reason to blame admins because players did not read the official news before or even after they have signed up for cup.

Seeing your post here makes my point even more valid since it was explained in the above mentioned news:
If there is anews post or a forum post about aby of the above then please post the link, because i cant find anything.

As far as Wire support goes, it has nothing to do with us nor any other game section in general. It's a known fact that it's really slow but there is nothing we can do about it.

I hope you will think twice next time before insulting and crapping all over admins that actually put an effort to create cups for ungrateful players and gain nothing in return.

Cheers

-- 
You can not imagine the immensity of the fuck I do not give.
quote ] 
*Pokes head round the door*
Don't forget to mention the fail at cutting off the acceptance of teams when the max limit was reached. We got acceptance email, but then got taken out of the teams list due to this F-up. No hard feelings though emoticon-smile
*runs away and hides and awaits admins rage*

<3
quote ] 
sorry, I think that was my fail.
Next time I will pay attention, whether the slots are full, before I accept any other leaguejoin.
I am really sorry.

-- 
Meine Gegner ergeben sich - wie Gelegenheiten!
quote ] 
I was also quite suprised that just so few teams actually played Best-of-Three. It was clearly not the Admin's fault, it was described well in the news, so I guess most of the teams were either too lazy to read it or simply didn't understand it. Either way it was unfortunate, as it was a really nice system and in my opinion more cups should be played like this. My only suggestion would have been a loser bracket in such a big cup.
Maybe write the Best-of-Three system into the matches as well next time if possible. Those who didn't read the news thoroughly enough just saw the default map in the match details and figured it would be the only one to play.
quote ] 
The 1 map only being played is CLEARLY the teams fault for not reading or being able to read the rules, its not exactly hard to miss "Best-of-Three" next to each round in the table shown here - http://www.esl.eu/#/eu/cod4/news/188509/

What im trying to get across though is that there were no Admins around on IRC to get hold of to try to rectify this problem and possibly get the remaining matches in round 1 finished correctly.

But like i said this cup is being poorly run and there has been NO Spport in it and there has been NO technical support that i know of for over a month now.

So im asking how can a well known and established eSPort organization let this happen, its pathetic.

Razor
quote ] 
To be honest the only pathetic thing here is you trying to avoid yourself some shame now by again turning it around to IRC ignoring my previous post where I've asked you if you needed support so desperately why didn't you open forum thread or support ticket where you would get an answer pretty soon, as you did here. Furthermore, talking again about Wire support which I also told you in the previous post had NOTHING to do with us nor any other game section in particular - shortly, it's nothing to do with this cup.

-- 
You can not imagine the immensity of the fuck I do not give.
quote ] 
I was trying to edit my last reply as i didnt see your reply Jonny. I was actually replying to the other members that had replied to mine. Has i seen yours then this was going to be my reply.

1. If it came across as i was blaming the admin about the teams not playing all rounds then i apologize for that as it IS the teams fault for not reading the rules properly. But surely its upto the admin to correct teams or maybe punish teams if there not playing by the rules correctly, as its hardly fair on the teams that do play fairly and actually read the rules. And if u punish a team then perhaps that might encourage them in future to read the rules properly.

i) If u advertise support via IRC then surely the support should be there, and in this incident it was not there, although i tried for over 2 days to get a reply and did not get anything. If you cant support IRC as support then surely dont advertise/use it.

ii) Yes i should of tried the support ticket and/or Forums, but with my past history of not getting any replies (with regards to Wire), it did not instill confidence in me to use them this time for something differnent, but seeing that i have had a reponse to this post then if i have a problem in the future i shall try ALL avenues rather than not try them.

2. Yes, i can understand that Wire is not the responsibilty of the "Game Section" but you still need it to play matches in ESL as its your Anti-Cheat and like i said ive had no reply from the Wire support for over 2 months now, the last reply by Wire support on my open ticket was 23rd Feb. And as far as im aware its not common knowledge that the support is slow (if thats what u mean by slow?). And yes the admin should be able to do something about it as its the admins responsibilty, isnt it?

Razor
quote ] 

• 3.700 Users Online
  • 4.966.240 Registered Users
  • 2.165.830 Active Users
  • 1.044.520 Teams Total
  • 1.776 Matches Yesterday
  • 22.372.700 Matches Total
  • More stats
Searchtags

Electronic Sports League rendertime: 0.77s (not_cached) host: eslphp23