|
previous  1-25 ]26-50 ]  next
add gameaccount BF3 Nickname not working
 
Author Posting
Hi,

Since the outtage ESL had the other day people cannot add a BF3 gameaccount using the BF3 Nick Name.

Everyone gets the message they haven't played on a GGC server while they all have been playing on GGC servers for a while.

Can someone from ESL check the function please.

Thnx
quote ] 
Hi,
i can confirm this. It is a little bi annoying pls fix this as fast as you can.

Best regards...
quote ] 
We try to add our team to ESL 4on4 squad team rush, everyone added their BF3 PB GUID, successfully, still cant join the league?

We tried to add BF3 NICKNAME and that does not work for anyone emoticon-sad 

can join league since "all requirements are not met", anyone know?
quote ] 
Moved to BF3 forum...

I believe Fly/the BF3 admin staff know about the problem

-- 
ESL Community Manager :: therogue.org.uk
quote ] 
No one in my team can add thier gameaccount (8 players). Ingame nick nor PBID. Here is the message we get.

"Invalid Battlefied 3 nickname: You probably havn't played on any "GGC-Stream" Server yet.
Please play on some public servers, a lot of servers are part of the GGC-Stream network.
After doing so, we can automatically get your Punktbuster GUID."

Fact is we play on GGC servers.  
Waiting for a week now but still the same. Can we have some information about the problem. And how to solve it.
quote ] 
Why not just remove the nick name as a gameaccount?

Its so stupid having a changable value as gameaccount...
You wouldnt have the nick name of cs players as their gameaccount, would you?
quote ] 
** deleted **
If you insert a gameaccount on ESL, we got a script that is checking if your guid is really existing for BF3. Currently, starting after the ESL-Down Time, this script is not working anymore. Coders are working on it, trying to fix this issue asap. So we can easily insert gameaccounts again.

Ofc no one will be punished in this period, cause of wrong/missing game account.
quote ] 
How is it going?
quote ] 
any update on this? We're still unable to join any ladder because of this issue
quote ] 
Same here, would be nice to get an update and an ETA on the fix.
quote ] 
** deleted **
Normaly it should already been fixed, but it isn't. This status gives me no ETA, nor any more information. I hope we can figure out more tomorrow in the meeting. You can believe me that we are not happy about the situation. Everything should be fine.. but it isn't. Wuhhu <3 <3
quote ] 
Coci wrote:
Normaly it should already been fixed, but it isn't. This status gives me no ETA, nor any more information. I hope we can figure out more tomorrow in the meeting. You can believe me that we are not happy about the situation. Everything should be fine.. but it isn't. Wuhhu <3 <3



Why dont you take the opertunity to think long and hard about having a changable value as identifier?

Would you use a nick name from cs instead of steamid?

Its the same thing here...
quote ] 
f0CUS wrote:
Why dont you take the opertunity to think long and hard about having a changable value as identifier?

Would you use a nick name from cs instead of steamid?

Its the same thing here...


I was wondering why they don't just use the PB GUID instead of a nickname
quote ] 
TheWounded wrote:
I was wondering why they don't just use the PB GUID instead of a nickname


Exactly...

The PB GUID cant be changed.

I can change my nick name in 3 seconds using origins own tool...

http://www.origin.com/change-id
quote ] 
f0CUS wrote:
Exactly...

The PB GUID cant be changed.

I can change my nick name in 3 seconds using origins own tool...

http://www.origin.com/change-id

It's because for the normal user, it's easier to enter your bf3 nickname and it's hard to find your pb-guid. And as you said, if you change your nickname, the pb-guid will be the same. So we check your pb-guid for ggc-bans etc.

It's just a system to easily get your pb-guid enterd into your account. As you can see, if you insert your bf3 nickname, the script will automatically enter the correct pb-guid.
quote ] 
so, will this get fixed soon?
quote ] 
Basert wrote:
It's because for the normal user, it's easier to enter your bf3 nickname and it's hard to find your pb-guid. And as you said, if you change your nickname, the pb-guid will be the same. So we check your pb-guid for ggc-bans etc.

It's just a system to easily get your pb-guid enterd into your account. As you can see, if you insert your bf3 nickname, the script will automatically enter the correct pb-guid.



Well, its not as smart as you would have it be...

In the start of BF3, i changed teams and clans a few times - which meant lots of changes to my BF3 nick name...

At that time it took so long, and was such a hassle to get added/changed that i gave up and just played without having the correct nick name entered as game account... And showing a screenshot of battlelog doesnt really prove anything...
Last time this subject was up, i showed a screenshot from battlelog that proved that my soldier name is zh1nt0 (which it ofc isnt).

Also, having the nick name as a gameaccount have resulted in several teams rule fucking their way further into tournament that their skill would allow them.

Plus, if memory serves me right. For BC2, you could join either a mirc ESL channel or a channel by someone else (cant remember right now), type a command and have it show your PBGUID.
Why dont you just do that again, or make a short guide on how to find your pbguid?

Its really not that hard...
If you have a server - and what team doesnt? - you can find out by joining it, and entering one command in the rcon tool you use.
quote ] 
Any ETA on fix then?
quote ] 
f0CUS wrote:
Plus, if memory serves me right. For BC2, you could join either a mirc ESL channel or a channel by someone else (cant remember right now), type a command and have it show your PBGUID.


BF3 pb_guid by nick.

In my opinion the gameaccount that should be used in BF3 is the pb_guid and not the nickname, script working or not.

-- 
ESL Greece BF3 Master League Admin
quote ] 
dfk_7677 wrote:
BF3 pb_guid by nick.

In my opinion the gameaccount that should be used in BF3 is the pb_guid and not the nickname, script working or not.


You need a registered server on ggc to access that.

However, all match servers either have ggc/pbbans or should get it.

So not much of a problem imo.
quote ] 
Go to folder %LOCALAPPDATA%\PunkBuster\BF3\pb\ (you can paste it in explorer's address bar)
Create a file named pbcl.cfg
Open it with a text editor and only put in it the following: pb_LogToFile 1
Save the file
Join a PB enabled server
Leave server
Open file pbcl.log contained in the above folder (%LOCALAPPDATA%\PunkBuster\BF3\pb\) with a text editor
Search for text 'PB Server assigned guid' (without the ')
Your 32-byte pb_guid is after the '='
The last 8 characters are your 8-byte pb_guid used in the ESL and other leagues

-- 
ESL Greece BF3 Master League Admin
quote ] 
Still not working!
getting a bit frustrating that you can´t join the ladders.
quote ] 
yeah we want to sign up and start playing but this way we could just as well go find some other ladder/league community
quote ] 
previous   1  -  25   next

Reply

 
  • 4.287 Users Online
  • 4.758.290 Registered Users
  • 2.079.050 Active Users
  • 1.015.760 Teams Total
  • 2.388 Matches Yesterday
  • 22.037.000 Matches Total
  • More stats
Searchtags

Electronic Sports League rendertime: 1.18s (not_cached) host: eslphp13