|
*update* 4on4 Squad Rush - Hardcore Cup 19th July
Stop spamming the admins with hardcore mode requests, because here is a test cup for you guys. Spread the word and gather the hardcore teams out there! Have Fun and Good luck!


***UPDATE****: Cup was set to 32 contestants instead of 16! More space for more teams!

This test cup will be a 4on4 Squad Rush Cup. The standard weapons and attachments are going to be used. Please report unbalanced weapons for this gamemode, so we can adjust the rules.

Reminder if there is not enough teams for this cup, there will be no follow up cup. So show us numbers!



Sign up!




4on4 Squad Rush Hardcore Cup - Rules
  • Game Mode: Squad Rush
  • Match Media: screenshot of the scoreboard
  • Team Size: 4on4
  • Match Procedure: two rounds on each side
  • Tournament Mode: Single Elimination
  • Match Procedure: Both teams play 1 map with 4 rounds, two rounds as attacker and defender. After each round the teams change the side.
  • Result: one won round counts as one point
  • unlocks: no IRNV scope, no tactical light attachement, no pistols with tactical light, no MAV drone, no spawn beacon,no M320 (only standard version forbidden, M320 buck and smoke are still allowed, no close quartars weapons)

  • You can find the Cup Rules HERE.


4on4 Squad Rush Hardcore Cup - server settings
  • vars.AutoBalance "false"
  • vars.roundStartPlayerCount 2
  • vars.roundRestartPlayerCount 0
  • vars.friendlyFire "true"
  • vars.regenerateHealth "false"
  • vars.killCam "false"
  • vars.miniMap "true"
  • vars.hud "false"
  • vars.crossHair "false"
  • vars.3dSpotting "false"
  • vars.miniMapSpotting "true"
  • vars.nameTag "false"
  • vars.3pCam "false"
  • vars.vehicleSpawnAllowed "false"
  • vars.vehicleSpawnDelay 100
  • vars.soldierHealth 60
  • vars.playerRespawnTime 100
  • vars.playerManDownTime 100
  • vars.bulletDamage 100
  • vars.onlySquadLeaderSpawn "false" .


4on4 Hardcore Cup - Match Days/Dates
    The upcoming rounds:
  • 19/07/12 - 18:30 CET - Check-in Phase/Late Sign up at 18:40 CET
  • 19/07/12 - 19:00 CET - Grand Bazaar
  • 19/07/12 - 20:00 CET - Seine Crossing
  • 19/07/12 - 21:00 CET - Operation metro
  • 19/07/12 - 22:00 CET - Tehran Highway


4on4 Hardcore Cup

Sign up now!

(Check-in: 18:30 - 18:40 CET)
Check-in is first come, first serve.
Be there on time to make sure you do not miss out!
Sign up until 18:40 CET
Date: Thursday, 19th July
Start of 1st round: 19:00 CET
Size: 16 teams
Structure: Single Elimination
 

Basic rules:

Maps: 4 on 4 Conquest map pool
Teamsize: 4on4
Mode: Best of One
 

Beginners guide to sign up:

Register on ESL
Enter your BF3 Nick Name
Enter a contact method (MSN, Skype, IRC, etc.) 
Click the sign up link!




See the cup information page for more details


Your Admin Team

crazybas, Sunday, 08/07/12 15:51
  Links
Sign up for the 4on4 Squad Rush Hardcore Cup!
 
comments (36)
 
 
My team is in but make pls more normal mode 4v4 cups. Definitely not HC cups. Worst decision ever.
Mrs_Miagi wrote:
My team is in but make pls more normal mode 4v4 cups. Definitely not HC cups. Worst decision ever.

+1
Mrs_Miagi wrote:
My team is in but make pls more normal mode 4v4 cups. Definitely not HC cups. Worst decision ever.

It's a test cup, to see if the hardcore scene is active enough.
2 edits
leaty wrote:
Mrs_Miagi wrote:
My team is in but make pls more normal mode 4v4 cups. Definitely not HC cups. Worst decision ever.

It's a test cup, to see if the hardcore scene is activ
e enough.

75% of participants will be normal mode teams who just want a cup for 4v4
32vs32 rpg only pls~
I want hardcore. softcore are noobs
MiddleIndex wrote:
I want hardcore. softcore are noobs


Then why do all the skilled players play in softcore ;)?

HC is that every1 has a chance to kill everyone :) No skill involved
Lux4ri wrote:
MiddleIndex wrote:
I want hardcore. softcore are noobs


Then why do all the skilled players play in softcore ;)?

HC is that every1 has a chance to kill everyone :) No skill involved

No, you both got it wrong. Normal is more widely played because it's the "regular" mode. If things were the other way around, hardcore would be played more instead of normal. Both modes are fine to be played competitively. But we prefer different modes.
3 edits
leaty wrote:
Lux4ri wrote:
MiddleIndex wrote:
I want hardcore. softcore are noobs


Then why do all the skilled players play in softcore ;)?

HC is that every1 has a chance to kill everyone :) No skill involved

No, you both got it wrong. Normal is more widely played because it's the "regular" mode. If things were the other way around, hardcore would be played more instead of normal. Both modes are fine to be played competitively. But we prefer different modes.


OFC we prefer different modes, and I respect that you like hardcore and even hate softcore, but hardcore is just not a competetive gamemode
Lux4ri wrote:
OFC we prefer different modes, and I respect that you like hardcore and even hate softcore, but hardcore is just not a competetive gamemode

That's what you think, don't you think it matters what others think? Anyway, let's not have yet another discussion. If you don't want to play hardcore, don't support this cup with your team. Thanks.
2 edits
leaty wrote:
Lux4ri wrote:
OFC we prefer different modes, and I respect that you like hardcore and even hate softcore, but hardcore is just not a competetive gamemode

That's what you think, don't you think it matters what others think? Anyway, let's not have yet another discussion. If you don't want to play hardcore, don't support this cup with your team. Thanks.


You do know that competetive gaming is supposed to base around skill and not "what others think" just because they can't kill something in a gamemode that requires more skill.
Lux4ri wrote:
You do know that competetive gaming is supposed to base around skill and not "what others think" just because they can't kill something in a gamemode that requires more skill.

Another silly reply ey? Just because it takes more bullets to kill someone it requires more skill? No, just no. I'm not even going to hit you back on that argument, perhaps you'll figure it out yourself.
Why is squad leader only spawn turned off all of a sudden? this is one of the things that makes HC more tactical than normal! Please make it true HC again!
JJMaarse wrote:
Why is squad leader only spawn turned off all of a sudden? this is one of the things that makes HC more tactical than normal! Please make it true HC again!

These rules derive from normal mode ladders and will persist through this cup, but hopefully after this cup we will be able to change a few rules. I'd have the spawn beacon implemented again as it is a big part of the game (shooting parachuters, finding and destroying the beacon), and run with true hardcore settings. Please play in the cup regardless, thanks.
Finally we have a HC in ESL I am getting my guys set up in team as we speak

nice one ESL
-
2 edits
My team is in :D Looking forward to it :D
We expand the cup to 32 slots! So don't be afraid that you can't take part!
Coci I think this is a wakeup call to make more 4v4 cups, but in normal. over 50% of the teams here are normal teams and like Miagi said they just want a 4v4 cup.
1-2 per month like small 16 team cups would be awesome. 4v4 is a dying race
Coki, What about map`s then did you change those, or just add more?
1 edits
the final map just changed into grand bazaar, all other maps stay same.
Coci wrote:
the final map just changed into grand bazaar, all other maps stay same.


Wake island would be beast final :D
We played against EyeBallers yesterday with the current ESL Hardcore Rules, they enjoyed it as much as we did. So I hope everyone who signed up will enjoy themselves as well. :)

A few rules should be changed though, some things remove a lot of the hardcore gameplay, especially the spawn on everyone setting. But we'll see what happens after the cup. Good luck!
1 edits
leaty wrote:
We played against EyeBallers yesterday with the current ESL Hardcore Rules, they enjoyed it as much as we did. So I hope everyone who signed up will enjoy themselves as well. :)


I bet you didnt enjoy playing against eyeballers.

Let them have HC ladder. Then we can all laugh. lol.
Mrs_Miagi wrote:
I bet you didnt enjoy playing against eyeballers.

Let them have HC ladder. Then we can all laugh. lol.


Just because we haven't had a chance to play competitively with the best teams does not mean we suck, our teamwork may not be great, but our average individual skill can still be great. With some more everyday (almost) practice against good teams (like you have the ability to do in normal mode) we will improve just as you improved. So bug off with your "I'm your boss" replies and either enjoy hardcore or play normal mode, there is no need for your useless hatred.

FYI: We enjoyed it (like I said in the previous post, seems you missed it), two of our members playing in this cup are new since 1-2 weeks back (one member can't play in the cup, so we needed a replacement). While we lost (yeah I'm not going to lie) we gave them a good match, all we need is more practice.
Origin will be undergoing maintenance from 17 UTC to 19 UTC this evening on the 18th of July. Origin will only be available in offline mode during this time.

Let's just hope Origin isn't down during the cup.

never mind, that is tomorrow >.<
1 edits
my clan I want to join but we don't have any servers can we join or not?
noxe89 wrote:
my clan I want to join but we don't have any servers can we join or not?


You can play on the server of your opponent if they have one.
leaty wrote:
Mrs_Miagi wrote:
I bet you didnt enjoy playing against eyeballers.

Let them have HC ladder. Then we can all laugh. lol.


Just because we haven't had a chance to play competitively with the best teams does not mean we suck, our teamwork may not be great, but our average individual skill can still be great. With some more everyday (almost) practice against good teams (like you have the ability to do in normal mode) we will improve just as you improved. So bug off with your "I'm your boss" replies and either enjoy hardcore or play normal mode, there is no need for your useless hatred.

FYI: We enjoyed it (like I said in the previous post, seems you missed it), two of our members playing in this cup are new since 1-2 weeks back (one member can't play in the cup, so we needed a replacement). While we lost (yeah I'm not going to lie) we gave them a good match, all we need is more practice.


Idea is that get good :O We shouldn't have to play some random public no-skill gamemode just because people want to play 4v4
I dont really care.. Its good that you give us a 4v4 cup..
Support on quake on channel #esl.bf3
so how is it going?
May luckiest one win.
We will play a normal squad rush cup next. 1st August? Yeah

Regards
Coci wrote:
We will play a normal squad rush cup next. 1st August? Yeah

Regards



GO COCI!!!!!!!
 
 
 
Information:
  • info write comment not allowed
 
  • 1.767 Users Online
  • 4.754.690 Registered Users
  • 2.077.680 Active Users
  • 1.015.160 Teams Total
  • 3.191 Matches Yesterday
  • 22.029.500 Matches Total
  • More stats
Searchtags

Electronic Sports League rendertime: 1.05s (not_cached) host: eslphp12